200g grated carrots
60g caster sugar
20g roasted pistachios
30g roasted pecan nuts
1tbsp baking powder
1tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat your oven at 180°C and butter a cake tin with the oil.
- In a bowl, mash the bananas and mix them with the sugar.
- In an other bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, bicarbonat and spices. Add to the bananas.
- Add the carrots, nuts and maple syrup. Stir gently.
- When the mixture is smooth, pour it in the cake tin and bake for about 35-40 minutes.
- This cake is fantastic with some vanilla buttercream or some royal icing.